Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lightweight Control Server
sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Lightweight Control Server
on: January 20, 2016, 20:45

I love requests. This is really neat addition krummrey.

hashampers-
and
Beginner
on: April 7, 2016, 11:56

Sandy,

Does gcode input to the processing controller scale up or down when you resize the 'vector' gcode instructions? Are there any caveats to .svg files being sent to the lightweight control program in terms of getting the document properties right?

I'm having problems with drawings that seem to be going off the edge of my page, especially with the death to sharpie output. All the lines appear to fall within the bounds when in the controller, but go off the page when sent through the python script or they are being drawn much larger than expected.

Just so you know, my instructions queue is:
-Set motor speed
-set motor acceleration
-Set home
-drawing instructions from draw vector.

I have re-upped the machine dimensions, mm per rev and steps to the arduino direct to usb as I thought this might be the culprit. Any ideas?

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: April 7, 2016, 19:54

Shapes loaded as SVGs or loaded as GCode end up as exactly the same thing, which is vector shapes, once they're loaded in the controller with "load vector", the the resizing, moving works just the same as each other.

It's a weird problem - when you "draw vectors", does the resulting queue preview contain all of the lines you're expecting?

Does other stuff work - draw outline maybe?

Any chance you've just mis-measured your page?

Re-upping the machine spec was going to be the only thing I'd suggest.
Lets have a think.

sn

hashampers-
and
Beginner
on: April 9, 2016, 17:26

I re-re-upped the config file, and made sure of all my measurements - I had set motor steps to 800, forgetting it was running on a uno-based machine. Pretty much got the most fundamental thing set wrong! Duh. Sorry for the false alarm.

As an aside, if you click on 'upload machine spec' to the arduino, save the queue, and run it with send.py will that do the same as having it connected over usb?

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: April 9, 2016, 18:42

Ha ha, oops 🙂

The sender works in the exact same way as the controller, and the machine spec is just regular commands like any other, so aye, you can upload spec using send.py just fine.

sn

hashampers-
and
Beginner
on: April 26, 2016, 22:48

Sandy: Thanks. The lightweight controller has really sped up my workflow: I have a polargraph machine running at the school I work at. It's on the other side of the building, so once the paper, pen and home position are set, I've been doing some lovely A1 prints, but I don't have to tether my laptop, and I can check the progress over ssh. Best of all using 'screen' I can detach and retach and periodically check progress from the command line. (It works really well with a polargraph SD unit for when I'm too lazy to unplug the SD card too!)

Is there a command that would let you pause the command queue on a keypress, or add some sort of stall until keypress? I'm thinking of multipass command queues in different colours, which need a quick pen swap, or swapping pens halfway through a death to sharpie run!

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: April 27, 2016, 20:58

There aren't any commands that'll pause a machine, and there isn't any specific built-in way of controlling the lightweight script either.

Two ways I can think of doing it:
1. Suspend the process (http://jumptuck.com/2011/11/23/quick-tip-pause-process-linux/)
2. Chop the queues into segments. Bit of a cop-out that one.

sn

krummrey
Advanced
on: May 10, 2016, 15:13

I have implemented a cal to IFTT to get notifications on my phone when a print job is done. Saves me the trouble to go into the basement to check if it's time to switch pens.

A simple way to pause the print is on top of my wishlist for the lightweight script...

halfluck
on: June 21, 2018, 08:11

Hey Guys,

Just what I was looking for a way to tether my Arduino to A RPi,
Trying to avoid FTP/SSH, I knocked together a little webserver on the RPi.
I can Upload a Sketch, Run my Initialize Commands and Start a Sketch all with only a few button presses thru the web browser. I'm working on a Progress/Status Bar and Jog Controls

Cheers Rob.

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: June 21, 2018, 18:53

This is brilliant Rob!

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.