Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Auto start from SD on Power on
xack
xack
Post Auto start from SD on Power on
on: May 11, 2016, 20:11

Hallo,

first of all, awsome work, I love this projekt and have built several version.
One thing that would be great in my opinion would by an automatical execution of a file (like in marlin firmware for 3D Printers).

Since I don't use an LCD the polargraph is allways tied to the computer.
It would be fantastic if I could save a file named "auto0.g" for example to the SD card, put it into the machine, home it by hand, turn the machine on and it would start executing the file with this special name.

I'm not the greatest coder, so it would be awsome if someone with more skill could implement it. If not of interest I'll try it my self 😉

Any ideas/comments on that?

xack
xack
Post Re: Auto start from SD on Power on
on: May 19, 2016, 20:33

Ok... So far I have (re)integrated the SD-Card feature into the a1 version. (is there a reason why it is not integrated or had been taken out?)
The SD-Card is recognized and i can start a drawing by using "C34,FILENAME,END" but it only executes the first command

In: C09,3192,3192,END...
P: 0-0:C09
P: 1-1:3192
P: 2-2:3192
P: 3-2:END
P: 4-2:
P: 5-2:
Command:C09, p1:3192, p2:3192, p3:END, p4:
Params:2
Executing command:C09,3192,3192,END
Engaged motors.
SYNC,3192,3192,END

If I upload the polarshield version i get the same behavior...

Would be nice if someon could help...

jarry
on: June 17, 2016, 07:43

Hello,
Any ideas on this topic? I would like to do the same thing: Auto start from SD on Power on

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: June 17, 2016, 23:25

Sorry for not replying about this,

The SD card features were stripped out of the _a1 version while it was targetted at the UNO. It's since had some features from the _polarshield version retrofitted to it, but those features have never really been tested by me, so Xack, you're probably the first to try it.

Not sure why the commands might not be being sequenced though. The firmware definitely works with SD cards through the Polarshield, and there really isn't any difference between the SD card connection on the Polarshield vs a direct link via pins. It's managed to get one command, so the card connection is clearly working.

I've just pushed a change to the _polarshield repo https://github.com/euphy/polargraph_server_polarshield (https://github.com/euphy/polargraph_server_polarshield/blob/master/polargraph_server_polarshield.ino#L438-L439) that tries to run autorun.g .

Not tested! Ha! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

sn

RobbsyB
on: July 6, 2016, 12:46

Hey
I am new to this forum, but played with the "old Version" for quite a while. Since some of you are still using the MEGA + Motor Shield combo, I was wondering if you are interested in my latest developement. I added a cheap 2.4" TFT display with SD card slot and changed the code of the new polargraph server to make it work with my setup. Seems like my MEGA + Motor Shield V2 + 2.4 TFT (incl. SD card) is working like a regular Polargraph with Sandys polargraph shield.
If anyone is interested in wiring diagrams or code, please let me know.
Cheers,
Robert

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: August 16, 2016, 20:01

Robert, I forgot to reply to this! Do you mean you have an LCD working, or is it just to use the SD card slot?

EATYone
Advanced
on: October 31, 2016, 08:37

YEah RobbsyB please give us some details, really interrested

EATYone
Advanced
on: October 31, 2016, 21:23

Anyway, autorun.txt is really helpfull 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.